Our Mediterranean twist on an American classic turns an Easter treat into a healthy and nutritious snack built to be enjoyed year-round. Filled with quality protein, metabolism boosting spices such as paprika, and healthy/ nourishing fats, these Mediterranean Deviled Eggs are guaranteed to please both your taste-buds and your body’s systems.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika (plus extra for garnish)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Hard-boil the eggs → Place eggs in saucepan. Fill with water until eggs are covered by 2 inches. Place on stove top partially covered a bring to boil. Boil for 30 seconds, then remove from heat and let sit for 15 minutes. Drain and pour eggs into a mixing bowl filled with ice water.
- Carefully peel eggs and half lengthwise. Place white’s on a platter.
- Remove yolks in a mixing bowl and mash with fork.
- Add hummus (for best results, make your own!), tahini, lemon juice, cayenne, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir until smooth.
- Fill eggs with yolk-mixture. Sprinkle paprika on top to garnish.
- Serve and enjoy! Tip: turn this snack into a Mediterranean platter by serving with hummus, fresh veggies, and warm pita.